its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Basic moments

Boy.. it has been a while since I've been back here. I'll take the easy route out and blame it on work. and me. and me and the TV because we've become all too good of friends. I'm looking forward to the new apartment in which the only TV will live in the closet unless I take it out to watch one of my two dvds. 6 weeks feels like a long time before I move, but it probably will fly by. sooo anyway, on to things of not as much nonsense.

It has been an interesting few weeks; tomorrow marks the completion of my first full month at work. I'm not sure how I feel about the job. I'm not exactly excited that tomorrow is Monday and that I have to go back to work so quickly. But hopefully today will be a day of relaxation and reading - no TV. In the challenges of this season of life, I've begun to notice a lack of dependence on God for everything. I've always heavily depended on church, and bibles studies and other christian activities to keep me connected. I'm wondering if the next few months will change that. I've become hesitant to seek out too many activities. I think church on sunday mornings and the womens bible study tuesday nights should be plenty. and hopefully these two things will challenge me in my personal time with the Lord. Today's focus I believe will be the faithfulness and sovereignty of God, initially through Arthur Pink's Attributes of God book and who knows from there. We'll see... :)

A snipit from chapter 10 of Pink's book... "God has given us many "exceeding great and precious promises," but are we really counting on His fulfillment of them? Are we actually expecting Him to do for us all that He has said? Are we resting with implicit assurance on these words, "He is faithful that promised"?"

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." ~Hebrews 10:23

for the praise of His glory,
Melissa

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt Jones said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Matt Jones said...

Hey girl its Matt J. I just wanted to say that I know all about what you mean by seasons. I think once you get outta college you all of a sudden really grasp what it means to be in a certain season. Since graduating and going to seminary and getting married, I feel like all a season really means is that you are going through a time were you just have to die in a certain area and you spend more time than usual figuring it out. You jivving me? Hit me back and tell me more about the job.

5:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home