its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Everything for one moment..

I've been thinking about something a lot today and wanted to write it down so I could remember it tomorrow and the next day. It's nothing too terribly profound, but I was thinking about how I always hear people say that even if I were the only person on earth that needed a Savior, Christ still would have done everything He did. We're planning this women's overnight on our campus and as we were talking today my friend was talking about how she was kind of nervous that no one would come or that not a lot of people would come. I just got to thinking that if Christ would go through all He did so that one life would be changed, doesnt it make sense that we would plan these events, and do big huge things, so that even one person's life would be changed? I thought about going to Tokyo, thinking it would be completely worth it to raise $5,000 of support, fly half way across the country into a culture I knew nothing about, if simply one life was affected. This world loves to define success for us, but I think success looks very different in God's eyes.

If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care - then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Dont push your way to the front; dont sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Dont be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand. ~Philippians 2:1-4, the Message

for the praise of His glory,
Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home