its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Sunday, April 24, 2005

A So What Moment...

So this was just funny and I thought I'd write it down. I was at church this morning, and at our church they end each sermon by asking the question "So What?" - meaning so what are you going to do with the information just presented to you? Today's sermon was on the ministry of the Holy Spirit (John 16:5-15), so the "So What?" was asking how are you going to respond to the Holy Spirit, and so I was praying and just telling God how it always seems like during the times when it's just me and God, that there seem to be so many other voices trying to direct me, and right when I was saying this, the choir started to sing!!! It was absolutely hysterical because I got completely distracted and lost focus and could not for the life of me remember what I was trying to pray about. And then I remembered! I was going to pray for God to help me hear His voice above and clearer than all the other voices. It just made me laugh.

"The shepherd walks right up to the gate. The gatekeeper opens the gate to him and the sheep recognize his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he gets them all out,he leads them and they follow because they are familiar with his voice." ~John 10, the Message

for the praise of His glory,
Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home