its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Monday, May 09, 2005

Dry moments

So I woke up twenty billion times this morning, staring at like 6am and then every 15ish minutes after that, trying not to actually get up that early! but i did. and it was not long after that i realized the apartment has no running water! I felt like I should be frustrated with that happening, but I'm not, which is surprising to me, but a really good sign. Yesterday, emily and i went to barnes and noble and i bought this book called "now what? God's guide to life for graduates" by John Ortberg and it is actually AWESOME! I was reading some of it before I went to sleep last nite, and this is what it said

"The way you get up in the morning sets the tone for the rest of the day, so here's the task: Tomorrow, as soon as you can, get alone for a few minutes with God. This is very important. Dont try to be heroic with this or you'll set yourself up for failure. Dont try to make it last an hour. Five minutes is fine. Get alone, and renew your invitation from Jesus to be with you all day ... So many people start their day, day after day, anxious, hurried, frenzied, fearful, afraid, or rushed. You dont have to! You're going to start your day anyway, why not start it with Jesus? Do you have any better offers? You're going to have a first thought anyhow; you're going to have a first word of the day, why not let it belong to God, before whom all anxieties and impurities and restlessness flee? You can do this. You can start each day with God."

I've really been struggling lately, i've gotten caught up in the craziness of the end of the semester, and getting a job, and thinking about where i'm going to live. i havent thought a lot about God, not outside of asking him for things at least. God broke through yesterday, which I am extremely grateful for, and this book is also really awesome. I still wish I had more desire to read my bible, and for a purpose that is God-centered and not me-centered. but...God probably wants that too, which means he is probably moving me closer to that, it's just a process.

On a different note, I take my one final today - in three hours. I havent studied much for it. everyone is telling me i shouldnt even go. they're funny. of course i'll go! but i am going to stop writing here, so i can go study, and if necessary, go shower and whatnot at school - they have running water! So there you go. that's where i'm at right now. i'm sure i'll share more of the wisdom from this "now what?" book in days to come, as I should be starting my job next week!

"Be strong and do the work." ~1 Chronicles 28:10

for the praise of His glory,
melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home