its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

ah-ha! moment

So I just had an 'ah-ha!' moment and wanted to write it down! I was reading more from John Ortberg's "now what?" book and it yet again is fabulous. Seriously. spend the $15 and go buy it. Today I read 2 chapters - "Time Alone" and "Pray About Everything". 2 Chronicles 15:2 really struck home with me. It says The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you. And then the whole chapter about praying about everything... again so good, check this out:

"Praying what is really in my heart is an 'in everything' kind of prayer. I dont wait to clean up my motives first. I dont try to sound more spiritual than I am. I dont pray what I think out to be in me, or what I think God wants to hear. I pray what's really in me."

It just again hits home with the message of stop trying to be the hero! It's humbling to pray 'in everything' (reference philippians 4:6) because pride is thrown out the window... but anyway, back to the 'ah-ha!' moment! So of course the book says try it now, dont wait - pray in everything now! just lay it all out there. and after feeling disconnected with God and not really knowing how to start a prayer, this is a great method.. and so i did, and its like the floodgates opened! Within the past few minutes, and reflecting on past experience, I realized that conversation flows most easily when you just speak from your heart, lay it out there and be genuine, not agonizing over every word, just being real. and who knew.. the same is true with God! no wonder the bible says pray in everything, because somehow, its when the greatest conversations with God seem to take place! ah! i love it! how simple are God's truths that we in our self-complicated lives miss for so long! i think this one is one i need to remember. Pray in Everything.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." ~Philippians 4:6

for the praise of His glory,
Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home