its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Unexpected moments

I told my parents that I needed to write today down in history because it has been so great. In my artist management class today, our guest speaker was a banker. He told us his story, of how he moved to nashville wanting to be the next major country music star and how his life took him down a different path. I feel like I am living his story, only 15 years later. After class, I was able to speak with him about his passion for music and what that looks like now that he is a banker. It was truly just so incredible and encouraging - It was a safety, a reassurance that I dont need to be afraid of my accounting background - and that I do not have to be (and am not expected to be) an accounting genius to use that degree. Talking to this man really opened my eyes to a possibility of how my abilities and passion can balance, without either being sacrificed.

I dont know where God taking me, but today was exciting. God is increasing my desire to give my life away - almost like he is making my life vision line up with my church's vision for its family (that vision is: to glorify God by becoming a worshipping community of influence where men, women and children are maturing in the faith and being equipped to give their lives away.) The past few days have really amazed me - there is a newness - a new desire to give my life away through volunteering, a new desire to have a job that allows me to financially support the work God is doing, a new desire to give my time and resources in a way that glorifies God through my actions. It's a beautiful process - again, what joy in knowing that God is working in and on me! I dont think i've ever been so confident about that than right this moment!

I think it needs to become a quick tradition to end every post on here with God's word - it is so good!

In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life. ~James 1:21, the Message

for the praise of His glory,
Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home