its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Monday, April 18, 2005

Sometimes life seems like a series of moments

I dont quite know why I've started this blog. I just came home from the Leadership Banquet on campus. I was severely underdressed (or so I thought until Tyler showed up and saved the day - as he was dressed more casual than I.. apparently we both missed the memo..). Anyway, it was yet another event that left me asking the question of what am I doing in this life. As expected, there was a sense that I was missing out on some part of life - my mom describes it as my unending desire to prove that the grass is greener on the other side. But tonight was different because of a new confidence, a Philippians confidence that God is at work within me and He will continue this work until it is complete. It is an amazing battle - to hear Christ saying do not be afraid, take courage, have hope - forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead - words that so many people say but few actually mean, or truly believe.

It's an amazing thing to know that God is at work in my life. I dont write it down enough, or talk about it enough. Someone once told me that never should something God teaches me or reveals to me or provides me be kept secret.

Let me end this for now with words not of my own, but an interpretation of words that really are worth latching onto.

God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before Him. When I got my act together, He gave me a fresh start. Now I'm alert to God's ways; I dont take God for granted. Every day I review the ways He works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step. God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to His eyes. ~Psalm 18:20-24, the Message

for the praise of His glory,
Melissa

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

You are an awesome woman of God. I am so thankful I got to know you this summer even a little. Thank you for seeking the Lord with all your heart, mind and soul! I love you and I love the blog :)
Kate Munson

3:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home