its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Sunday, December 10, 2006

who i want to be

well, i dont want to make this long - as my roommate is trying to sleep, but i just read this and it really struck me as something i want to be true about me. it's in an article about discipline [if you'd like to read the full article by Reid Monaghan, click here]

"The believer therefore will desire to be intimately involved with the Bible. She will want to hear it taught and preached regularly. She will want to memorize it, hiding it in her heart. She will want to meditate, think deeply upon, and ponder the wisdom of the Word of God. She will want to read it daily for encouragement and study it deeply so to grasp its truth. She will want to know the Word in order to know God and thereby be able to lead others to the same fountains to drink."

i know for now this is still just a desire within me, as Paul says in Philippians 3, "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." perhaps this is a good description of who i want to press on to be...

1 Comments:

Blogger burnshead said...

i can't figure out how to consistently desire the desire.

11:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home