its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Morning Thoughts

It is so interesting where life takes us. I sit here this morning in my hotel room eating breakfast. a bowl of raisin bran, a biscuit with butter, an apple and bottled water. I look at my nicely furnished room, the 2 king beds i have the choice to sleep on. I can use as much or little heating or AC as i wish. All the while my fridge at home is virtually empty, my thermostat is off, and my money remains in my pocket.

And this morning, something Paul says in Philippians 4 came to mind "Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need." It's amazing to me that I can look back over the past 2 years and know that I have been prepared for this moment. My life is filled with abundance. I don't know what reality is, but I wonder if people read right over the part that says 'I have learned to abound'. to me, I don't read that as 'I've learned how to live luxuriously'. But for me it means that I know I have been given far more than I need. And as these past 2 years have taught me, I know that this abundance is not for me, I'm just a pass through. I can remember 2 years ago september when I first really saw abundance, and I remember feeling the tension, I actually remember praying "Lord, no more!" After that, my understanding grew, and the abundance continued. I pray for generosity, that I would always see my true place and my small hands. That I would give to my limits and maybe beyond. That I would give for God, not for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger burnshead said...

i love it when abundance is granted to people that actually know how to handle it. :o)

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home