its about life in a moment.. its about a moment in life. there's a difference, you know. can you see it?

Friday, April 02, 2010

What Should I Be When I Grow Up?

Someone told my mom today that I should go to http://www.mymajors.com and take their little "quiz" thing that tells you what you should major in during college. Curious to see what it would say, I hopped right on this little assignment and thought the results were very curious. Here are the 5 majors it suggested followed by a list of possible jobs someone with that major could pursue.

1) BIOLOGY / Animal Biologist, Inspector, Biomedical Technician, Research Associate, Botanist, Scientific Lab Director, Cell Biologist, Veterinary Surgeon, Developmental Biologist, Vision Scientist, Environmental Consultant, Zoologist
2) ANIMAL SCIENCE / Agribusiness, Horse Trainer, Animal Feed Industry, Farm and Animal Publications, Beef Cattle Ranching, Livestock Production, Breeding Farm, Meat Processing, Food Company
3) CHEMISTRY / Basic Research, Instrumentation, Drug Manufacturing, Petroleum Researcher, Environmental Protection, Science Journalist, Food Researcher, Teaching, Textiles Researcher, Forensic Chemistry
4) GEOLOGY / Professor of Geology, Data Manager, Coal Section Head, Project Ecologist, Geotechnical Engineer, Processing Geophysicist, Development Geologist, Petrophysicist
5) NUTRITION / Food Services Coordinator, Dietitian, Clinical Dietician, Nutrition Writer/Reporter, Institutional Food Services and Food Sales, Nutrition Educator, Catering Coordinator, Medical Food Service Director, Nutrition Coordinator, Dietary Supervisor

Pretty interesting, huh? Oh. It also suggested I check out the University of North Dakota Aviation School. So I started college as an Undeclared Engineering major, switched and got a degree in Accounting. Didnt want to do that so got another degree in Music Business. Worked at a record label, and now work for the FDIC. I feel like these results are in a totally different world than the one I've journeyed into. What happened?!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ames said...

I wouldn't put much stock into those tests.. I can't remember what mine said I should do, but it was definitely something I had zero interest in. I changed majors 4 times before I settled on history but I still don't know what I want to do with it, other than some kind of research field. I suppose something in a museum, yeah, wish me luck in that endeavor - especially if John and I get married, cuz he'll move every 2 years and that'll make keeping and getting jobs even harder. Blech. I never thought I'd be a military girlfriend/wife/etc.

5:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home